Mindful breathing is a form of meditation that focuses on bringing awareness to the present moment through intentional breathing.
Here’s a basic guide, with a short animation for beginners:
- Find a quiet and comfortable place to sit or lie down.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breath.
- Breathe naturally and pay attention to the sensation of air moving in and out of your body.
- If your mind begins to wander, gently redirect your focus back to your breath.
- You can count each inhale and exhale, or simply observe the rise and fall of your chest or belly.
- Practice for 5-10 minutes a day, gradually increasing the time as you become more comfortable with the practice.
- Make it a daily habit and enjoy the benefits of reduced stress and increased mindfulness.
Remember to be patient with yourself and don’t judge your experience. Just let your thoughts come and go, and simply redirect your focus back to your breath whenever you notice your mind has wandered.